Monday, 25 November 2013

Make your festive wreath at our Christmas Fair

Workshops have been organised, raffle prizes collected and stallholders assembled. We've also been in regular contact with the North Pole to ensure everything's set for our special red-suited visitor!

All we need now is for you to put this date in your diary:

Sunday 8th December 2013
1pm - 5pm

All proceeds from entrance, raffle, refreshments and activities go directly back into the Community Centre.

FORAGER SHOUT OUT - please get in touch if you're a keen forager as we will need wreath-making supplies for the big day.

Saturday, 9 November 2013

Do something amazing... Give blood! Monday 11th November

If you’re generally healthy and aged 17 or over, do something amazing.... Give blood.

96% of us rely on the other 4% to donate. Please don't leave it to someone else. 

All blood types welcome but O- and B- blood stocks are low.

Sessions at the centre until the end of 2013:

Monday 11 November
13:30 to 15:30 and 16:30 to 19:15

Tuesday 10 December
13:30 to 15:30 and 16:30 to 19:15

You can book an appointment by calling 0300 123 23 23 or by visiting

Please note that regular activities at St George Community Centre may be affected on these days.

Monday, 4 November 2013

Christmas is coming...

Just over a month to go now to our Christmas Craft Fair on Sunday 8 December. We've got some great stalls lined up including decorations from Purple Christmas, handcrafted items Tree Kangaroo Crafts, and jams and chutneys from Sams Jams.

We're also delighted to say that the lovely Tamilla Thomas, a talented local violinist, will be serenading you at the event with some lilting festive tunes, very atmospheric!

For the children there's the chance to meet Father Christmas, plus games and craft activities. For the grown-ups, don't forget that you'll get a free mulled wine with your entrance ticket (or nice cuppa if you prefer). Don't forget to pick up some home-made cake from our renowned bake stall. We're also busy collecting some great raffle prizes.

So put the date in your diary and come along and shop local for your Christmas presents this year.